8.6.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: Hunting for Links, or Chocolate

dead tree

Day 27: I am almost a 31DBB survivor. But now I have to go searching for dead links in the wild woods of ye olde blog.

Sigh.

This is not nearly as fun as a chocolate egg hunt, which I would personally find very motivating. Though supposedly it is worth doing the bunny hop.

"So how do you detect dead links on your blog?" asks Darren.

Well, um. Isn't that obvious? Dead links don't breathe!

If you see a link that is not breathing, it is probably dead. You can also check its pulse, in case it's just holding its breath and playing dead. Or I suppose you could use the handy little link-life-detection tools ProBlogger recommends.

The obvious next question (and he asks it) is, "What to Do When You find a Dead Link?"

This is a very sad question. So I am going to ignore it and go back to Plan A.

Chocolate.

RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale,, Day 13: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts, Day 14: Update a Key Page, Day 15: Honk if You Like, I Prefer Cake, Day 16: Buy a Velvet Couch, Day 17: Pretend Your Blog is a Barbie, Day 18: Gesundheit! Day 19: Maureen, Hope You Don't Mind, Day 20: Leave Comments on Other Blogs, Day 21: Foretelling the Future, Day 22: Pay Special Attention to a Reader, Day 23: He Told Me to Tell You, Day 24: Adding Shirtless Men to My Blog, Day 25: 10 Reasons to Ask Your Readers Questions, Day 26: Improve Another Blog
ProBlogger's Day 27: Hunt for Dead Links
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project

COMING TOMORROW
I'm Wish to Report a Stolen Review, a companion to ProBlogger's Day 28: Write a Review Post.


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging




  • Dead Tree photo by L.L. Barkat.

    Labels: ,

  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Glynn said...

    You know, you could perform an entire funeral service for a dead link -- by honoring the deceased with chocolate. You could even package it with other chocolate litugies, and call it "The Book of Common Chocolate."

    7:34 AM  
    Blogger Maureen said...

    Oh, Glynn, I'll have to share that one with our priest.

    11:33 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If someone comes up with a chocolate wedding ceremony, I am so. there. Any possibility of reviving a few of those links and then hooking them up? :)

    3:25 PM  
    Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

    You guys are totally cracking me up. :)

    Makes me feel like a little kid again. Like play. And that is fun.

    4:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home