31 Days to Build a Better Blog: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts
Day 13, and I'm supposed to go to the mall and ask the following questions (not to other people, just to my notebook)...
• Who is there? Who are they with?
• What are they doing?
• What are they buying? What products are particularly in demand at the moment?
• How do they make their buying decisions?
• What are the retailers doing to get people’s attention and stand out?
• What messages are they using in their marketing?
• What colors/design techniques are in at the moment?
• What other things are ‘hot’ or in fashion?
• What sales techniques are sales staff using?
• What are retail outlets doing well? What are they doing poorly?
There is no way I am going to the mall. Because the mall is just plain tiring. And I can be sleepy and cranky on my own, thank you very much.
Besides, have you seen what the world has to offer lately? No amount of chewing gum on the marble floors, smoke in the entry ways, sales on boxer shorts, or chances to be stopped just for a minute for this brief poll could drag me to the mall. Even if it promised to make me a better blogger.
But you might expect this from a woman who just wrote God in the Yard. (I suppose someone else is going to have to write God in the Mall. :)
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale
ProBlogger's Take a Trip to the Mall
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project
Shoot, Have You Seen My Keys?, a companion to ProBlogger's Update a Key Page on Your Blog.
Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)
Girl in the Field photo, by L.L. Barkat.
Labels: 31 Days to Build a Better Blog