19.5.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts

Girl in Field

Day 13, and I'm supposed to go to the mall and ask the following questions (not to other people, just to my notebook)...

• Who is there? Who are they with?
• What are they doing?
• What are they buying? What products are particularly in demand at the moment?
• How do they make their buying decisions?
• What are the retailers doing to get people’s attention and stand out?
• What messages are they using in their marketing?
• What colors/design techniques are in at the moment?
• What other things are ‘hot’ or in fashion?
• What sales techniques are sales staff using?
• What are retail outlets doing well? What are they doing poorly?

There is no way I am going to the mall. Because the mall is just plain tiring. And I can be sleepy and cranky on my own, thank you very much.

Besides, have you seen what the world has to offer lately? No amount of chewing gum on the marble floors, smoke in the entry ways, sales on boxer shorts, or chances to be stopped just for a minute for this brief poll could drag me to the mall. Even if it promised to make me a better blogger.

But you might expect this from a woman who just wrote God in the Yard. (I suppose someone else is going to have to write God in the Mall. :)

RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale
ProBlogger's Take a Trip to the Mall
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project

COMING TOMORROW
Shoot, Have You Seen My Keys?, a companion to ProBlogger's Update a Key Page on Your Blog.


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging




  • Girl in the Field photo, by L.L. Barkat.

    Labels:

  • 8 Comments:

    Blogger Glynn said...

    A brief poll on boxer shorts? Was that intentional or serendipitous?

    7:50 AM  
    Blogger Cassandra Frear said...

    I think you are the anti-bloggger.

    8:08 AM  
    Blogger R. Sipes said...

    Boy, do I agree about the mall. Of course I'm a man, and I've found most men have an aversion to the mall. I'd much rather be in God's beautiful outdoors too. I find it much easier to meet God in such places, even in my back yard.
    But since God loves people (who knows why, I've met some of them), I suppose I will force myself to go where they are today, or maybe tomorrow...or the weekend. Am I procastinating?

    8:19 AM  
    Anonymous Maureen said...

    Oh, the things you could see and experience: the molls in Victoria's Secrets' windows, the dolled-up creatures trolling the aisles, the double-strollers, the exercisers, and that music. The way people literally fight over a 20 cent savings at Macy's. All those real slices of Americana and what Katdish would lovingly call "crap". And let's not forget those sprays of perfume -- "Would you like to try . . .?" -- or the wafts of fast foods or the SUVs that take up two parking spaces (and they charge to park, no less) or are inched so close you can't open your door when you decide malling isn't really your thing.

    I'm shocked!

    8:47 AM  
    Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

    You guys are all making me laugh today. I see you found your humor without going to the mall! :)

    12:00 PM  
    Blogger Cheryl said...

    L.L., all I can say is, "you are not right" and I love that about you. Thanks for making ME laugh today.

    2:42 PM  
    Blogger Kelly Sauer said...

    Just one question: are you my doppelganger?

    3:45 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Does the blogging project mention anything about getting cantankerous by Day 13? ;)

    I think someone could write a compelling book called God in the Mall. It'd be interesting to go to a place you know you dislike and purposely look beyond all the "crap" for glimpses of God. We'd surely find Him in all kinds of places that'd surprise us. That's what Jesus is all about, isn't it?

    Can't wait for God in the Yardto get into my hands!

    11:14 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home