21.5.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: Honk if You Like, I Prefer Cake

passion fruit cake

Day 15, and I'm supposed to go goose hunting. Did you know (I learned this from you-know-who) that geese can travel 78% further together than alone?

The Blogger Who Maureen Thinks I Should No Longer Mention outlines a few goose hunting reasons, but honestly (ask Cassandra), I think the same thing can be achieved by eating cake.

My favorite kind is a passion-fruit-and-pear-mousse beauty made by our local French bakery. My second favorite is its chocolate mousse buddy that always comes with a little pink rose on top (sorry Sam, is that being anti-testosterone? :)

Anyhow, here are the reasons why team-cake-eating will make you a better blogger. (Honk if you like, I prefer cake.)

Aerodynamics — If you sit next to somebody who eats cake really fast, this will create an optimal air flow, thus allowing you to eat even more cake, which boosts your endorphins so you can be Happy SuperBlogger. Chocolate cake also provides plenty of anti-oxidants, making you a healthy blogger who will have plenty of energy to go the Mall.

Rotating leader — You can take turns serving up the cake. Today it can be Stuart, the next day it can be Laura, and then Dan. The important thing here is, these people need to be able to wield a knife with some alacrity. And they should know how to cut big pieces. None of those grudging little slivers allowed when we're trying to take over the blogosphere through the power of cake!

Dropping out — I know it seems unfathomable, but sometimes you're not going to be able to eat even one more bite of passion fruit cake. There comes a time when you'll need to take a snooze, so you can wake up refreshed and ready... to eat more cake :).

Power of the honk — Why do geese honk? To encourage each other to keep on flying. Why do we eat cake together? Because it tastes good. And besides, people will think you're weird if you honk at them to encourage them to keep blogging.

Not sure where to find really cool cake eaters? I've got just the little bakery in mind...


RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale,, Day 13: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts, Day 14: Update a Key Page
ProBlogger's Build an Editorial Calendar
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project

COMING MONDAY
Buy a Velvet Couch, a companion to ProBlogger's Day 16: Solve a Problem.


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging




  • Passion Fruit Cake photo, by L.L. Barkat.

    Labels: ,

  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger Kelly Sauer said...

    there is an odd poetry in your humor here, something beneath the surface of the obvious that teaches, if you're looking for it.

    i finished stone crossings last night. i will be posting about it soon. thank you.

    8:17 AM  
    Blogger Cassandra Frear said...

    Cake! Yay!

    8:22 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was going to make a pithy nd intelligent response then someone mentioned cake and I became all Homer'ish.

    Oh and thanks for teh link love - you're way too good to me.

    8:34 AM  
    Blogger R. Sipes said...

    My wife makes a lemon pound cake that just leaves me in heaven for hours. Now where can I leave the recipe so she will get the hint? --Richard

    11:31 AM  
    Blogger Maureen said...

    I'm with you. No. 1: There's a lot less clean up. #2 Goose feathers ain't so good if you have allergies. #3 You just can't get the right consistency when you substitute a goose for chocolate. #4 Have a plumber's card handy. The grease can't be good for your pipes. #5 You can only bake 'em when they're in season.

    2:56 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home