11.5.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways

doll on a zip line

It is Day 7 and I'm showing signs of 31 Day Fatigue Syndrome (puffy eyelids, a propensity to answer questions with "yes, in 31 days," sneezing when I open my Blogger account— you know, stuff like that).

Anyway, today I'm supposed to link out to a least one other post. In blogland this is affectionately called "link love."

ProBlogger (and he is right) says that linking out helps us...

1. give something of value
2. build credibility
3. build relationships
4. become more popular with the Search Engines (as if we weren't already popular enough! :)

Some people link to get links in return. This is probably a better idea than emailing somebody or asking for a link. Besides, as Descartes once famously said, I link therefore I am...

(Sorry, that was too bad to pass up.)

Enough suspense. Here's my Tuesday Link Love, courtesy of Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways

How do I love thee? Let me link the ways.
I love thee to the depth and bread and height
My blog can reach, when Googled out of sight
For the ends of Traffic and Ideal Place.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet sausage, by sun and Facebook light.
I love thee freely, as bloggers strive for Right;
I love thee purely as they turn from PhotoPlays.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In his great poetry, and with my Twitter Face.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears of all my life!— and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after fetch.


RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare & Company's Top 24 Blog Tips
ProBlogger's Day 7: Write a Link Post
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project

COMING TOMORROW
Entertaining Aliens, a companion to ProBlogger's Interlink Your Old Blog Posts.


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging


  • Labels: ,

  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Where would we be without great poets to parody? Such fun.

    9:06 AM  
    Blogger Ronnie Spoon said...

    Love your take on things.

    9:28 AM  
    Anonymous Ann Kroeker said...

    I used to be famous for oatmeal.

    You're going to make me famous for sausage.

    (I love thee, too!)

    3:39 PM  
    Blogger Kevin said...

    I always come and read the writings of you.

    Your wit and your charm,

    Is like fresh fruit from farm,

    But alas you make my writing look like two-day old poo.

    5:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home