1.6.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: Darren, How Sweet of You

Godiva

Day 22, pay attention to a special reader. (Oops, that's not it. I'm supposed to pay special attention to a reader.)

Hey, how about I do both?

I will now pay special attention to a special reader.

He's been the quiet type here. In fact, he hasn't commented even once. This is because he is shy. I think. That, or he's afraid that if he comments, then my ENORMOUS blog audience will overrun his blog with requests for him to sign their blogs too.

So he has chosen to simply lurk. I completely understand. (Hi, Darren, I know you're here. This is my little wave in your direction, just between you and me.)

Anyway, the other reason he's here is that he knows it's not all about fanning his own fame. So he's been quietly planning to make ME famous, because he wants me to feel valuable. I thought about being fussy and turning him down, but this seemed ungrateful. Who am I to spurn a little link-love from a blogger who only makes six figures through blogging?

I'm not sure when he's planning to bestow his gift, but I'll be ready with a link in return when he does. (Don't be shy, Darren. I want to make you famous. But I promise not to embarrass you. I'll hide the link somewhere at the bottom of my sidebar where it will be safe and not cause you too much undue attention.)

I feel magnanimous already. :)


RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale,, Day 13: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts, Day 14: Update a Key Page, Day 15: Honk if You Like, I Prefer Cake, Day 16: Buy a Velvet Couch, Day 17: Pretend Your Blog is a Barbie, Day 18: Gesundheit! Day 19: Maureen, Hope You Don't Mind, Day 20: Leave Comments on Other Blogs, Day 21: Foretelling the Future
ProBlogger's Day 22: Pay Special Attention to a Reader
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging




  • Godiva Chocolates photo by L.L. Barkat.

    Labels: , ,

  • 7 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As a ever a quirky little sideways look at our daily chore ^H^H^H task.

    Me, I've opted to actually pay special attention to a special reader who does comemnt :)

    7:09 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Or even comment .... ::sigh::

    Less speed more haste Stuart. Oh and that link to my post is: http://www.churchtechy.com/2010/06/please-allow-me-to-introduce/

    7:12 AM  
    Blogger Cassandra Frear said...

    I'm ready for you to make me famous. I know it's gonna happen. Any day now.

    9:27 AM  
    Blogger Maureen said...

    I, for one, never heard of this Darren person before you introduced him. I think his build-a-better-blog is just a variation of six degrees of separation, and he's a master at the separation. You know, it's like looking in your rear-view mirror; Darren's really closer than he appears except when he doesn't.

    1:59 PM  
    Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

    Stuart, I especially like those kinds of special readers. :)

    Cassandra... WHAT?! :) Haven't I already made you famous for your cake-eating abilities? :)

    Maureen, actually, I hadn't heard of him either (though I did know the name of his blog). As for the rest of what you said... too funny :)

    2:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I enjoyed reading your post. You are a fun writer, you make me chuckel. Thanks!

    5:00 PM  
    Blogger Darren Rowse said...

    OK - you're right, I am very very shy - in fact last time I did the Myers Briggs personality test I came up as the most extreme introvert you can get :-)

    Thanks for the mention - glad you're doing the 31DBBB challenge, I hope you have enjoyed it and found it adding value to your blog.

    Darren

    10:12 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home