31 Days to Build a Better Blog: He Told Me to Tell You
Day 23. Today I'm being called to call my readers to action, because...
... apparently I have passive readers.
I would not have guessed this (Cassandra!), but supposedly it's true.
His advice is to match aggressive to my readers' passive. Which, as far as I can tell, makes us the perfect passive-aggressive pair. I'm not sure how I feel about that. (No worries, if we've got problems, I've still got that couch I picked up at the Louvre.)
Okay, for all you who are truly passive (surely not you, Dan), here is what he told me to tell you:
1. Please implement something I've written about.
2. Please subscribe to my RSS feed.
3. Please buy an affiliate's product.
4. Please comment on my blog, or my blog, or my blog
5. Please vote in my poll. Oops, I don't have a poll. How many people think I should have a poll? (Now I have a poll. :)
6. Please donate to this charity (I did.)
7. Please vote for me on a social bookmarking site (As far as I know I am currently not a candidate, but please do it anyway. Then I will be a candidate.)
8. Please buy this product I developed (I got a lot of mosquito bites doing it.)
9. Please visit this other (really cool) site.
10. Please hire me. (I don't know for what, but if you want to hire me and pay me, you're welcome to do so. As I already have a job, I will not show up, but I promise to cash the paychecks.)
11. Please read something else (mildly snarky) I wrote on my blog.
12. Please visit my business site.
That is a dozen pleases, which must be completely irresistible. Um, Glynn? Oh, Glynnnnnnn. Glynn! (Sorry, just making sure you hadn't passively fallen asleep during my sweet aggressions.)
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale,, Day 13: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts, Day 14: Update a Key Page, Day 15: Honk if You Like, I Prefer Cake, Day 16: Buy a Velvet Couch, Day 17: Pretend Your Blog is a Barbie, Day 18: Gesundheit! Day 19: Maureen, Hope You Don't Mind, Day 20: Leave Comments on Other Blogs, Day 21: Foretelling the Future, Day 22: Pay Special Attention to a Reader
ProBlogger's Day 23: Call Your Readers to Action
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project
Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)
Impromptu Dance at the Gallery photo by L.L. Barkat.