2.6.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: He Told Me to Tell You

light dance

Day 23. Today I'm being called to call my readers to action, because...

... apparently I have passive readers.

I would not have guessed this (Cassandra!), but supposedly it's true.

His advice is to match aggressive to my readers' passive. Which, as far as I can tell, makes us the perfect passive-aggressive pair. I'm not sure how I feel about that. (No worries, if we've got problems, I've still got that couch I picked up at the Louvre.)

Okay, for all you who are truly passive (surely not you, Dan), here is what he told me to tell you:

1. Please implement something I've written about.

2. Please subscribe to my RSS feed.

3. Please buy an affiliate's product.

4. Please comment on my blog, or my blog, or my blog

5. Please vote in my poll. Oops, I don't have a poll. How many people think I should have a poll? (Now I have a poll. :)

6. Please donate to this charity (I did.)

7. Please vote for me on a social bookmarking site (As far as I know I am currently not a candidate, but please do it anyway. Then I will be a candidate.)

8. Please buy this product I developed (I got a lot of mosquito bites doing it.)

9. Please visit this other (really cool) site.

10. Please hire me. (I don't know for what, but if you want to hire me and pay me, you're welcome to do so. As I already have a job, I will not show up, but I promise to cash the paychecks.)

11. Please read something else (mildly snarky) I wrote on my blog.

12. Please visit my business site.


That is a dozen pleases, which must be completely irresistible. Um, Glynn? Oh, Glynnnnnnn. Glynn! (Sorry, just making sure you hadn't passively fallen asleep during my sweet aggressions.)


RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale,, Day 13: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts, Day 14: Update a Key Page, Day 15: Honk if You Like, I Prefer Cake, Day 16: Buy a Velvet Couch, Day 17: Pretend Your Blog is a Barbie, Day 18: Gesundheit! Day 19: Maureen, Hope You Don't Mind, Day 20: Leave Comments on Other Blogs, Day 21: Foretelling the Future, Day 22: Pay Special Attention to a Reader
ProBlogger's Day 23: Call Your Readers to Action
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging




  • Impromptu Dance at the Gallery photo by L.L. Barkat.

    Labels: ,

  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Glynn said...

    Passive? Me? What?

    So I've done #1, #2, #3, #4, #8, #9, #11 and #12. Eight of 12. Yes, you should have a poll - that makes 9 out of 12. That's 75 percent. I'll have to go find a social bookmarking site to vote for you as a non-candidate. That's 10 out of 12. I'll check out the charity. That's 11. And what if I hired you as a co-editor of TweetSpeak Poetry? The pay is, as we say in the agriculture business, out standing in the field.

    Twelve out of 12!

    9:42 AM  
    Blogger Maureen said...

    That Darren, did he study psychology or what?

    And if I do all these things (and I mostly have), when do I get time to write? Or should that be, when do you get time to write?

    Oops, gotta go, no time for polls. My Westie's begun his mid-morning moaning for attention.

    11:39 AM  
    Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

    OMG, Glynn! Laughing out loud! (Still, and still.) All funny, but especially the out standing in the field. Okay, you guys are what make my blog. Do you think "he" knows that? :)

    Maureen, I loved your question. Yeah, maybe he did. Maybe all business people should. As for time to write, this 31DBB has almost been the end of me. :)

    11:53 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've done some of those. I'm subscribed to you and comment sometimes. Your blog is fun to read.

    3:57 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home