4.6.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: 10 Reasons to Ask Your Readers Questions

Pass the Time Sign

Day 25. Are we there yet?

Sigh. I thought you would say that. (Hey, are you my mother?)

Well, it seemed like maybe. Okay, fine. Let's get right to it, and talk about the 31DBB Project, shall we?

10 Seriously Really Important Vital Top-Rated Reasons to ask Your Readers Questions, You Know?

Says Problogger, "Asking readers questions is a fantastic way to grow your blog for a number of reasons— here are 10." I liked his reasons okay, but here are 10 more...

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

Come now, did you really think I would give away such precious blog-traffic-blockbusting-advice without your input? What reasons would YOU give for asking people questions on your blog?

All righty, I am officially done with writing this post. Are we there yet?


RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens, Day 9: Meet Me at the Mother Ship, Day 10: My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, Day 11: Hey, Darren, It's My Turn, Day 12: Darren Gets on the Scale,, Day 13: I Will Not Be Swayed by Sales on Boxer Shorts, Day 14: Update a Key Page, Day 15: Honk if You Like, I Prefer Cake, Day 16: Buy a Velvet Couch, Day 17: Pretend Your Blog is a Barbie, Day 18: Gesundheit! Day 19: Maureen, Hope You Don't Mind, Day 20: Leave Comments on Other Blogs, Day 21: Foretelling the Future, Day 22: Pay Special Attention to a Reader, Day 23: He Told Me to Tell You, Day 24: Adding Shirtless Men to My Blog
ProBlogger's Day 25: 10 Reasons Why it Works to Ask Your Readers Questions
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project

COMING MONDAY
Problogger, Allow Me, a companion to ProBlogger's Day 26: Improve Another Blog.


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging




  • Pass the Time Sign photo by L.L. Barkat.

    Labels:

  • 6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love reading your blog, that was great as always. If I'm asking questions in my posts it's normally because it goes right along with what I'm saying. I don't really have much other reason, I just do it.

    10:38 AM  
    Blogger R. Sipes said...

    Some ask questions just to get attention for themselves, not really needing the real answer--just any answer. When we were on a trip my kids would often ask that question, "Are we there yet?" or "How much longer?"
    I finally came up with the perfect answer, "20 minutes." It didn't matter how long it really was, they got their answer.
    It might not work as well on a blog, I haven't tried it.

    10:54 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    You are deliciously snarky, LL.

    It's nice that you are eager to learn something new, but learn it in a way that fits your needs and personality. (Which obviously includes a lot of pepper sprinkled throughout.) Achoo!

    12:21 PM  
    Blogger Maureen said...

    Darren (is that his name?) doesn't really have 10 reasons; some are variations of others. He's good at spinning and reeling. He got you to blog straight for 31 days, right?

    12:53 PM  
    Anonymous Phillip Gibb said...

    ha ha ha, well one reason is: to get the discussion going and encourage engagement. While you might know the answer, it is better to get other opinions and to discuss it.
    another would be: If you have a problem to don't know how to do something and you would like people in your niche to answer.
    And then there is the question that you do not want answered - the question you ask because it just illustrates something that bugs you or that you are going through.

    2:22 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm late to bbb.
    i hit a block on the way.

    1:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home