13.5.10

31 Days to Build a Better Blog: Meet Me at the Mother Ship

Tree Shadows

It is Day 9 and if I had a ray gun, I might evaporate this... oh, never mind. Are you getting tired of posting every day? I sure am. :)

Now, while you're feeling this fatigue, is the best time for me to talk to you about joining forces with other people.

ProBlogger (and he is right, again), says that being part of a chatty group helps with:

1. Profile Building (your personal popularity, as measured by being recognized)

2. Driving Traffic (your personal popularity, as measured by stats)

3. Understanding Your Niche (your personal popularity, as compared to other people who you pretend you're not trying to out-blog)


I have recommended being part of a group for some of the same reasons, albeit without the popularity emphasis. But one of my favorite reasons for being part of an awesome group is that it takes the pressure off you to be funny or insightful all the time.

You can let Glynn be insightful, Katdish be funny, Marcus be poetical, and Billy be poignant (when he's not being funny). And, like sitting at the cool cafeteria table when you were in 6th grade, you can just be identified with these people, which is, in my opinion, very nice.

(Another symptom of 31 Day Fatigue Syndrome is the inability to speak in a vocabulary exceeding the 3rd grade. You will find yourself using words like "nice" and "fun," with increasing regularity.)

All righty, back to the Mother Ship— otherwise known as a great chat place, otherwise known as a really cool cafeteria table (in nicer ways than the 6th grade): you might like to join us, at HighCallingBlogs. :)

RELATED POSTS
LL's Day 1: Bambi in the Database, Day 2: The Dalai Lama Effect, Day 3: Darren Rowse, Please Link to Me, Day 4: Oprah, I Wanna Be Like You, Day 5: Email a Blog Reader, Day 6: Shakespeare and Company's Top 24 Blog Tips, Day 7: How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Link the Ways, Day 8: Entertaining Aliens
ProBlogger's Join a Forum and Start Participating
Paul's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Project

COMING TOMORROW
My Dog Ate Darren Rowse's Google Alerts, a companion to ProBlogger's Monitor What's Happening in Your Niche.


Would you like to follow Bambi's efforts at better blogging? Here's a button, if you like :)

31 Days to Better Blogging


  • Labels: ,

  • 6 Comments:

    Blogger Cassandra Frear said...

    HCB is a great group to chum around with. I have just recently gotten involved in the Monday study group, as you know, and I'm really enjoying it.

    Coffeecake?

    8:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As ever a uniue perspective on the process we're all going through.

    Group bloggign is a good idea especially if it works well. But it, like any blog, has to be consistent with when it posts and how much it posts. So it's ok you only posting once a week if that's what all theothers do and you agree to only do so on one particular day ...

    I participate in a group blog (churchtechmatters.com) and it's sporadic at best and non-existant at its poorest. How one gets a group of techs from all over the globe to start posting on a regualr basis is a problem we haven't yet solved.

    As for my personal blog - I'm trying to get guest posters in but so far they've all said - one dya, maybe! Hmpfh.

    Notice I didn't use 'nice' or 'fun' once in my response.

    8:06 AM  
    Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

    Cassandra, you know it! Cake's on the way. :) I've enjoyed your participation in the book club.

    Stuart, what you are doing sounds a little more difficult than what we're doing at HCB. We're actually a Network and we have regular Editors who are responsible (and paid) for posting once a week. Members of the network comment on the posts, participate in group writing projects and generally just pal around on the home page, Twitter and Facebook. It's a great way to meet people, find new avenues for your writing, and... yes... have the luxury of not always being the one to speak. :)

    8:36 AM  
    Blogger Janis Van Keuren said...

    Wow! I'm a member of a forum here at High Calling Blogs, and I did not even realize it was a forum--of sorts.
    Whew! That's a relief. I wasn't sure where to find a forum.
    And I agree with you. It takes a lot of work to write a creative post every day!
    Janis

    7:29 PM  
    Blogger Janis Van Keuren said...

    Hi L.L.,
    Thanks for stopping by. Truly enjoy your creativity and High Calling Blogs.
    Janis

    8:24 PM  
    Blogger R. Sipes said...

    L.L.,
    I took a look at HCB. What I saw looked good. I plan to watch it for a while, if it's right for me I might join you.
    --Richard

    10:06 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home