29.8.11

Penning a Story

the little ink pen

I had to share this whimsical little story with you. Sara wrote it while experimenting with calligraphy.

Here's the beginning...

______


The Story of the Little Ink Pen's Journey

My, oh my. Look, Paper! This is how I write.

Once upon a scratchy time a little pen said, "let me go to the great inkwell to find ink for us so we will not run out."

And the others said, "You can do this, but you will not come out alive!"

And the little ink pen said, "But I will go nonetheless. And I will bring us back so much ink we could become all fuzzy in our words and still not run out."

So he set out on a far and dangerous journey...

[to finish the story, click to view the large-sized image]


Story and calligraphy by Sara B. Used with permission.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Megan Willome said...

I laughed out loud at the ending.

It is always a "far and dangerous journey," is it not?

12:28 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

I did too. (Really loud :)

And I couldn't stop. It just tickled me.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Charming story, Sara.
------

If inkwells run dry,
then ballpoints must fly
'cause letters, unfettered,
flow better
when penned
without amends.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Simply Darlene said...

It amazes me how these kiddos can take a mundane task and turn into such creative fun. Love this story.

In my mind, I see it alive and moving and talking... it could be an advertisement for ink pens. ;-)

Blessings.

2:55 PM  
Blogger diana said...

I'm with her - ballpoints, if writing by hand is absolutely necessary. Mine has gotten so hard to read that I use my laptop for everything.

LOVED the story, especially loved the LOL ending. (and that is the first - and likely last time - I've used that abbreviation. It seemed to fit somehow...)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Love it! Well, you know you must continue this story.

4:37 PM  
Blogger sub kuch said...

You have some interesting thoughts! Perhaps we should contemplate about attempting this myself.


Sub Kuch

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home