27.4.11

Writing Randomly

blue flowers

I like to remember that Random Acts of Poetry doesn't need to follow a prompt. You can post random poetry, just because, and we like that.

In honor of randomness, here is one from my girl Sonia. She gave it to Sara for her birthday (along with the flowers pictured above)...


Over a yard with a view of the bell,
is a sky as blue as the forget-me-nots below,
with white clouds moving slowly on
the strings of a marionette...



Poem by Sonia, 11. Used with permission.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan Willome said...

She's got your eye! And your ability to translate what is seen into words.

11:17 AM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Megan, thanks. I think that because we read so much poetry together, and because she does a lot of listening to stories on CD, and because she has time to BE, it comes through.

Still, I admit to a small bit of awe and pride. :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Kelly Sauer said...

Your girls see things differently. I love that.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home