4.2.10

Vegetarian Cashew Snack Food

cashews & raisins

One of the fun things about being vegetarian is that I save money on my food bill. Well, then I spend some of the savings on things like raw cashews. (I buy them in bulk from a co-op though; not so bad.)

Here's one of my favorite ways to dress up raw cashews:

Saute lightly:

• 1 TB butter
• 1 or 2 cups of cashews


When cashews turn golden, add & saute briefly:

• 1/2 tsp curry powder


Sprinkle salt to taste and add a few raisins. Cover the pan and let the warmth of the cashews soften the raisins a little. Yum. :)


Cashew and Raisin snack photo by L.L. Barkat.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy the cashew snack!

8:53 PM  
Blogger kirsten said...

That sounds yummy (and not very many things do right now). ;o)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home