14.10.09

Stumble into Loveliness

Wild Designs

Indian girl

the children

girl on couch

Girls, sweet dark-haired girls, are out of the house. It is my time to slow. Moving from room to room, I drink in silence, breathe. Alone for a few hours, but...

...still, I find them, stumble into their loveliness. It is loveliness they have found in their own private moments of quiet. Loveliness of line and vision.

Standing here, I can hardly take it in. The moment stretches. My sweet girls are with me, even in silence.


Designs Drawing by Sonia, 10. Figure Drawings by Sara, 12. Used with permission.

RELATED:
Drift Me (stop by and share your story).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice. "line and vision"

2:07 PM  
Blogger kirsten said...

... and still, they are with you. From stumbling to "can hardly take it in." Is this not a grace?

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Maureen said...

Beautiful! The words and the images.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Ann Kroeker/Not So Fast said...

Loveliness everywhere, in your home, on your blogs.

Thank you for sharing your loveliness.

And for calling us all to sl-o-o-o-w.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Joelle said...

Your title reminds me of another Regina Spektor song which begins: "I stumbled into faith and thought, God this is all there is." So glad loveliness makes us stumble. Elsewise I'm not sure I'd even notice.... Beautiful drawings.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Monica Sharman said...

Whoa. These are good.
And I notice (having no girls here) that they contain no vehicles and lots of close-up faces. And no explosions.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home