19.9.09

Real Pumpkin Relationships

pumpkin pancakes

Over at GoodWordEditing, there's a question about whether on-line relationships are real. Or something like that.

I don't know what to say this morning except... what could be more real than pumpkin pancakes at the breakfast table, compliments of an exchange I had last night, with a real person named Eric.

He told me he modified this recipe, but was hesitant to say exactly how. After trying it this morning and modifying it myself, I understood. Lots of modifying! Here's my version...

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mix dry ingredients first:

• 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
• 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon salt

In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir until just blended. Cook on 375 degree griddle, until lightly browned.

Top with REAL maple syrup :) and REAL whipped cream. Yum. Happy Real Saturday.

(Shoot, now I have to go mow my Real Lawn.)


Pumpkin Pancakes picture, by L.L. Barkat.

-----

Addendum, from Eric, found in the Comment Box

Hesitant only because I just throw things in as I think they are needed and of course I don't write them down. (so yeah, sometimes the recipe changes). I also made a pumpkin spice maple syrup...

Pumpkin Spice Maple Syrup

1 c. maple syrup
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, add your pie spices to your liking (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, etc).

Oh, I need to mow a lawn as well...but, well, it's a bit rainy outside...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Eric said...

Hesitant only because I just throw things in as I think they are needed and of course I don't write them down. (so yeah, sometimes the recipe changes). I also made a pumpkin spice maple syrup - 1 c. maple syrup 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, add your pie spices to your liking (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, etc).

Oh, I need to mow a awn as well...but, well, it's a bit rainy outside...

12:21 PM  
Blogger Joelle said...

Oh, I can't wait to buy a pumpkin at the farmer's market and satisfy my pancake craving. Mouth already watering (and not attractive or good for the computer keyboard).

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home