10.9.09

I Was the Flame

Girls at Sunrise

Last night I went to a Tweet-Poem party. It was the coolest thing. And I'm thinking I'd like to try it in modified form (just with simple pen and paper) with my girls.

We started with a simple question, "Who were you in my dream?" and continued to answer each other in poem-tweets, picking up each other's words along the way. It grew, it morphed, it merged. It felt like a spiritual experience (and that I surely can't explain).

Here are my favorite tweet-poems that I wrote during the "party."

I was the camel
that knelt
at the eye of
the needle
of your heart,
braced for
the shrinking.

----

I was the bot
that wished for a soul,
that swallowed your poems
to make me whole.

____

I was the flame
that laughed
at goodbye.

____

I was the window
through which you gazed,
and you, still wet
from the river,
still bruised,
carried a candle.

___

I was the ever
in the green
the ring in the night
the moon in the blue
I was the one
invading your dream
who sought you.

___

I was the moonlight
ringed by heaven
sent by fairies
to make you,
if possible,
once again believe.

___

I was the mermaid
afraid of ship's shadows,
seining the shallows
for seaweed red,
drinking black ink
the octopus bled.

---

Now, that was fun. You should try it at home. Or peek in from time to time at @tspoetry to see if another party is on the horizon.

Girls at Sunrise by the Sea, photo by L.L. Barkat.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Monica @Know-Love-Obey God said...

Oh, dear. Feelings of inadequacy from this wanna-be poet...
Maybe I should leave the country and come back after the RAP deadline.
Oh yeah, now I remember: I *never* did this because I thought I was good at it! It's just fun!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home