2.7.09

Letting the Market Decide

Shelling Peas

Although I've made my life simpler and our diet more consistently healthy by creating and following a monthly meal plan, I also like to eat seasonally. One way to do this is to occasionally let the market decide— the Farmer's Market, that is. My basic approach? Whatever is lovely, whatever is fresh, whatever is plump... gather these things. If they don't fit into the month of meals (and chances are they might not), then it's time for a detour.

Like this past week. Daddy and girls brought home organic shelling peas. Why not make Fettucine Alfredo? Yes, why not...

Emeril's Fettucine Alfredo (just add fresh peas)


Shelling Peas photo, by L.L. Barkat.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger e.o.w. said...

those peas look delicious!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey Girl, if I came and visited with you this coming Monday, would you make a repeat of this delicious pea and noodle meal? Also, I must say that I consider myself to be lovely, fresh and plump... and it's definately time to gather again.
P.S. Is it too early for the market to have sweet corn?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home