7 Weird Things About Being Vegetarian
Thanks to Rudy for tagging me with the "7 Weird Facts about Me" tag. To keep with L.L. tradition, I'll modify the tag a little.
So here it is. 7 Weird Things About Being Vegetarian.
1. You have to eat your veggies, thus creating a reconciliation with your mama. (Remember how she was always telling you to eat your veggies?)
2. You don't eat meat. (According to some people, that's weird. Maybe even according to your mama.)
3. You get healthier (okay, that's only weird in a fast-food culture)
4. You begin to stare openly at the beautiful vegetables in the produce section
5. You bring things like hummus and carrots to your church's morning coffee hour
6. You may start to like animals more, even the squirrels who stole your daughter's bird feeder and hid it in the prickly pines
7. You may begin to eat the flowers off of trees (Forsythia Sunshine Breakfast photo below).
8. Oh, and number 8 (which is weird in a "7 Things" tag) is that you don't have as many people to tag in your meme. So I'll leave it at this. The meme ends here I guess. On the bright side, you can spend the extra time sharing a recipe like the one below for Black Beans & Spinach Burritos. Enjoy!
Black Bean & Spinach Burritos...
I generally use leftovers for this recipe. If I've made a black bean dish the night before and have some rice on hand, here's what I do:
Put a bit of each of the following in a whole wheat wrap. Wrap it up and saute lightly for about 3 minutes on each side or until cheese seems melted:
• cooked black beans, sauteed with a little onion and minced garlic and 1/2 tsp cumin (not necessary if taken from leftover recipe)
• salsa to taste
• spinach, chopped
• cheddar cheese, grated
Food photos by L.L. Barkat.