26.8.08

Peachy Quesadilla

sweet and spicy quesadilla

Spicy. Sweet. Juicy. Filling. Delectable.

That's the only way I can describe this ultra-simple, unexpected recipe— the product of staying with relatives and needing to figure something out for vegetarian lunch. Necessity really is the mother of invention.

Peachy Quesadillas

• whole wheat tortillas
• pepper jack cheese
• sliced fresh peaches or nectarines
• butter

Fill tortilla with cheese and peaches, fold and saute a few minutes on each side in a little butter. Heavenly.


Peachy Quesadilla photo, by L.L. Barkat.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger christianne said...

Mmmm . . . my mouth is watering! That really is an unusual recipe. I would never have thought to combine peaches and cheese, much less putting them together in a wrap. :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Joelle said...

I tried it the other night. Divine! I couldn't stop with one. :) Of course, what's not to love with two absolutely terrific ingredients--peaches and cheese?!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing. I've got to try it.

SteamboatEcobroker

10:25 PM  
Blogger lu-n-am said...

this looks amazing and very creative.
nice blog :)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love your blog, so I've chosen to "tag" you! You can read the details here: http://holdingupthebanner.blogspot.com/2008/09/tagged-eight-random-facts-about-me.html

8:56 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I will have to try it with soy cheese as I try to keep dairy out of my diet. Sounds delicious though!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I made "Peachy Quesadilla" yesterday after church with Vegan Gourmet cheese alternative; Nacho flavor. Ted and i really like it. Thanks for the idea!

8:46 AM  
Blogger lu-n-am said...

this sounds delish! i will have to try this out.
~Am~

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home