21.3.12

Home-Educated Students the Winners?

Homeschool Domination
Created by: College At Home

Kind of interesting. The language is a little self-satisfied for my taste.

And of course home education is no guarantee of success. Nor is public school a guarantee of non-success (says the public-schooled woman :).

My guess is that there are nuances not covered here. For instance, if a parent of a public-schooled child is as involved as a home-educating parent, this might be an important indicator of overall success.

Thoughts?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Monica Sharman said...

The "By the Numbers" section doesn't really seem a fair comparison (or much of a comparison at all). The household income bit always annoys me.

Anyway, as a home educator I'm all for home education. At the same time, I've always had a high opinion and general trust of public school teachers, probably because I went to public school, and because I know many excellent public school teachers who care deeply about their work and their students.

I do think it largely depends on the parents' attitude, concern and passion for education, and involvement. For children whose parents who are indifferent (or worse) about education, I'd say public school is the far better choice.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Monica Sharman said...

P.S. As one who highly values humility, the "domination" and "will take you down" language leaves a bad taste in my mouth, too. But anyway.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home