7.1.12

Where Do You FInd Words?

Word Bowl 2011

My youngest daughter is always the champion. When she sees a new idea and loves it, she takes off at top speed.

I showed her the WordBowl, 2011, and she was enchanted. She started gathering woven bowls from around the house. Bowls that came from Kenya. Starting cutting slips of paper and plying me for words.

"Sparkly," that's a good word, isn't it, Mommy?"

"That's a great word."

"Is this how you spell threaten? T h r e a t e n."

"Wow, you spelled that right!"

"I know how to spell a lot of things, Mommy. Don't you know?"

And she fills her bowl. And she writes a poem about playing ball with the moon. And I laugh when the ball goes bop-bop-bop, and I get emotional when the moon and she must part. She's found her words, and she's filled me.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I love this idea and all the ideas and creativity it fosters!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I meant to leave this word for your daughter: tafoni. I love its sound and what it represents. I think your daughter will find exploring its meaning and images of it worth her time.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Megan Willome said...

If she'll let you, I'd love to see that poem posted.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need a word bowl to help me as I pray.

Lord, I feel threatened,
I want to feel sparkly.
Send your message in the moon
so I will know we never have
to part.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous bluemountainmama said...

can you elaborate on the word bowl? sounds like a wonderful idea. and i love the thought of the words 'sparkly' and 'moon'....they evoke emotions without even putting them together. :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Blue Mountain Mama, just fill a bowl with cool words. We like to collect ours from poetry or good literature. Then choose a word (or two) at random and make yourself compose a poem around it. Always a fun surprise :)

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home