26.11.07

Fishsticks? (Or, "I thought you said you were vegetarian")

Fishsticks

Astute viewers of the 30-Day Meal Plan will notice something odd. It's a vegetarian meal plan, but one Friday suggests fishsticks. And one alternate meal (at the bottom) is Thai halibut.

I guess you could say this anomaly is a little "grace at the table". Not so much the grace I've come to associate with giving my family food that keeps them healthy (hubby, from a family with a history of heart disease, has better than "optimal" blood pressure!). And not so much the grace that allows a few more lowly creatures to go on with their lives. But the grace of concession.

See, when I became vegetarian, it's not like I really asked my spouse. I just kind of drifted into a new ritual of meal preparation. Frankly, my spouse has been incredibly supportive of a lifestyle he didn't initiate.

So there it is... a little thanks for his great support. A small concession that also gives me a prep break. Fishsticks. Once a month, on Fridays.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bluemountainmama said...

fishsticks and mac-n-cheese... that's my worn-out mommy night meals! :) i've been incorporating a lot more vegetarian dishes into our meal routine. fall and winter make it a lot easier because of all the hearty soups and stews you can do without meat. if i pair it with good bread, my husband doesn't miss the meat at all.

6:22 PM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

wow... and i just saw the link to your upcoming book... awesome!!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home