1.2.07

Salt of the Sky

Ocean & Rain1

If there were no salt in the oceans, there'd be no rain. The salt goes up to the clouds with evaporated sea water, where it helps facilitate raindrop formation.

I consider, then, Jesus' discussion of how we should be the salt of the earth.

Just as the rain would not fall without the salt of the sky, quenching thirst and giving growth, we will not refresh and nourish others if we "lose our saltiness" on the earth.

Oh, Lord, let me be good salt.

You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled underfoot. Matthew 5:13

Ocean & Rain watercolor with salt & photo, by L.L. Barkat. Inspired by an assignment on SoulPerSuit

3 Comments:

Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

If you look at this same piece of art over on my Seedlings blog, you'll notice it looks different. Flash versus no flash when photographing it.

I think it's cool how the flash flattens everything and makes it all rather ethereal.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think it's so cool how you got such meat and meaning out of a small "assignment." You are doing my spirit some good with this! :)

PS, my muse just wrote a story about salt today for homeschooling. It was NOT orchestrated by me, so it must be contagious.

6:00 PM  
Blogger christianne said...

I love this pic, Laura! Very vibrant and beautiful. I'm still musing over your "life from inside the salt shaker" comment from SPS...

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home