2.8.07

She Found Me (Spaghettiepie, that is)

Pasta w Red Lentil Sauce

And when she found me, she tagged me. And here's what happened next...


1. What’s the one book or writing project you haven’t yet written but still hope to?

Now that's a secret. But I'm open to suggestions and guesses!


2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

Alternatives to Economic Globalization. It's very technical, I know. But I realize that economists are the ones who make the world turn, particularly with how they influence government policies, which in turn create either prosperity or great suffering. It is a new thing for me to read about such things that I used to deem as the arenas of intellectual or political types.


3. What was your first writing “instrument” (besides pen and paper)?

Always my brain. It spits stuff out and when I'm lucky I actually catch it.


4. What’s your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?

Depends on the month!


5. What’s your favorite writing “machine” you’ve ever owned?

My tea pot. You know, all good writing begins with a cup of tea.


6. Think historical fiction: what’s your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don’t read historical fiction–shame on you.)

I like to read in modern times. I just don't have the wardrobe to read in Victorian times (or the time machine, for that matter.)


7. What’s the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

Oh, that one about the little house that gets overtaken by the city, but is later rescued and rolled to the country. Maybe that's where I get my passion for preservation.


Thanks Spaghettipie, for the tag. And now I tag Lilies Have Dreams, 23 Degrees, and Blue Mountain Mama


If you want to make the recipe above, here it is...


Red Lentils Over Pasta Nest

Boil 25 minutes or until tender...

- 1 cup red lentils, with a good amount of sauteed onion and garlic added
- 2 or 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 TB tomato paste
- 1 carrot, shredded
- water to cover (and keep adding, as needed)


Add to lentils...

- olive oil garnish
- chopped basil garnish
- salt and pepper


Serve over...

- whole wheat pasta or rice noodles, surrounded by assorted baby lettuces

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger bluemountainmama said...

"the little house" by virginia lee burton! that is the children's book that i remember most,too! how funny.... i LOVED it growing up.

i scoured yard sales until i found a used one for my son. she also wrote 'mike mulligan and his steam shovel', which is also somewhat about the loss of an era and the "old ways".

i think we're kindred spirits, l.l. :) i'll try to find time in the near future for this tag, although i don't consider myself much of a writer. i enjoyed reading your answers.

8:11 PM  
Blogger christianne said...

Thank you for this tag! I'll respond to it soon. It was fun to read your responses. :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger L.L. Barkat said...

Blue... ah, yes. I had forgotten the title. Weren't the illustrations simply perfect for a child's imagination? No pressure on the tag... these things are supposed to be fun, and if they're not, we can play something different!

Christianne... everything in its time. :)

1:29 PM  
Blogger spaghettipie said...

thanks for playing, and I enjoyed reading your responses! It was fun to have a sort of different one to play this time.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home